Isaiah 43:18,19 8
“Do not remember the former things,
Or ponder the things of the past.
“Listen carefully, I am about to do a new thing,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even put a road in the wilderness,
Rivers in the desert.
You see it all the time in social media post--
" so, i did a thing" followed by a glimpse of what that person began, whatever their new quest was and usually by the time you've finished reading the post, they have already quit that endeavor for another thrill of the day.
and then the reasons follow of how the new product/idea/group didn't measure up and are listed in various forms of frustration, or my favorite which i am so good at-witty sarcarsm. i used to take much pride in my sarcasm because it was just so superior to all those with inferior humor (insert face of god and my mom not being amused), and if i can make myself and others laugh, well, doesn't that say a lot about my sweet character and high calling? lol
Don't complain and talk about all your problems--80 percent of people don't care; the other 20 percent will think you deserve them. Mark Twain.
god reminded me this week that Constant complaining stops blessings--it keeps Me from being grateful and blocks god's hands from moving in My life.
wait god, you mean that i am to blame for some of lifes' injustices? (yeah, that's what i like to call events that don't go Rebecca's way)
My Gammy (Grandma) used to sing "Count your blessings" quite a bit growing up- I also remember hearing Waylon Jennings " LOnesome, ON'ry and MEan" but that is another story.
the Count your blessings song says to name them one by one and concludes that after you do you will see what god has done.
JUst like the verse above states to not remember the old things, the past things (this is talking about anything that does not bring glory to god)-why? they are over, no more to be seen and bring no value--i think today's version would say "if there's anything in your past that doesn't bring glory to god, stop talking about it and drop it like it's hot".
god says to look-pay attention dummy-ok, i added dummy for emphasis (lol)--pay attention to the new thing i am doing. he adds that you might not be aware of what he is setting before you if you are stuck in the past and i will add, with your grumbling and complaining self.
so today, on August 3rd 2019, i am starting my own 30 days no complaining challenge.
i've talked at least one sucker, i mean really awesome friend, into joining me.
want to team up with us?
something as simple as inserting gratitude when you want to complain--it will change your perspective and ultimately your life.
i'm looking forward to witnessing the magnificent things god is bringing into this beautiful life he's given each of us.